Monday 16 March 2020

The Fantastic Science Roadshow

Today, we went to the Science Roadshow in our school hall. We learned about all sorts of scientific concepts such as air pressure, chemical reactions with acids and bases, and speed.
Eva "if you turned this picture upside down they would smile and if you left it they would be frowning" It was an optical illusion. 

Novayah "I was spinning a lever around and the blocks went up and down like how mountains form" 
Kairi "I was looking inside and it spun around making electricity and the lights went on" 
Alice "you had to put balls down those rows to see which was heavier"
Zac "my favourite bit was when they showed the balloons popping with the nails.
Harmoni "I liked when they turned on the vacuum cleaner and the beach ball floated in the air"
Lui "my favourite bit was when you had to stand with a partner in front of the big fan. It was so loud"
Impala "I loved the lightening inside the ball, it felt weird and soft"
Liam "my favourite part was when my old teacher vacuum sealed in a bag"
Logan "I liked the experiment with coke and mentos, it went up and then down the tubes into the glasses. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Ruma Piwakawaka,
    we are Room 6 from Wainui Beach School in Gisborne.
    We love science in our class as well. We are studying Colossal Squid at the moment. Did you know they have eyes that create their own light so they see in the dark water that is really deep. Their eyes are the size of a soccer ball.
    Mā te wā
    Room 6

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.